Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Visiting Other Blogs!

I first visited Zoey’s blog, and commented on her post about Motion Math. I thought this was a great app filled with games to help students learn mental math. In one game, students can operate a pizzeria where they learn to add and subtract! I thought this was a great tool to help students with their math because it is a fun way to engage them and get them interested.
Connection to teaching: I would love using this as a racing game to help students with their mental math.
Next, I went to Kim’s blog and she had a post about using tablets in the classroom. I love the idea of implementing technology in the classroom and thought her post was great, especially because she listed fun apps that had to do with art because she wants to teach that. There are so many interactive learning games on tablets that can help kids with learning; I think they should definitely be used in the classrooms.
Connection to teaching: Personally, I believe tablets, Smart boards, computers, anything technology wise, really helps students visually and auditory understand the subject better-I will use them whenever I can.
Lastly, I visited Shanay’s blog and she had a post about Miss Kindergarten. This was a great tool to help kindergartners learn how to surf the web. They are at a young age, and I think this tool is so helpful in teaching them the beginning of using the internet. I would definitely use this in my classroom if I were teaching kindergartners.

Connection to teaching: I would use this tool for kindergartners, and if I was teaching older grades, there is probably a tool on how to effectively search the web as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment