Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Get Crafty for Winter

Snowy Day Inspiration
This winter, give students a break and let them get crafty! I love this idea because students get to use paint and get messy :) The idea is for the kids to think about what they want to be when they grow up. Once they have a future occupation in mind, they make a snowman to look just like the person they want to become! 

First, teachers can get the crafts from JoAnn Fabrics using Teacher Rewards. 
Materials Needed: 
  • white paint
  • blue construction paper
  • Sharpies (variety of colors)
  • plastic, clear photo frames
  • paint brushes 
  • white paint pen
Students can use their fingers in the white paint to create the snowmen. Then, decorate the snowmen how they want with Sharpie & write "When I grow up..." in white pen on their project. Last, but not least, they can frame their artwork so everyone can see!

3 comments:

  1. I am a crafty person, so I love the idea of incorporating crafts into the classroom. One thing I think that I want to include in my classroom is with writing assignments, have students do some sort of illustration or craft that goes along with the piece that they wrote. This is just another way to connect to students with different interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO CUTE! I love all the fun pictures that tell you how to do it. Thank you for sharing this awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of doing crafts with students. Its a great way to give them a break while letting them express themselves. Crafting can be used for holidays but also for projects in school.

    ReplyDelete